The workshop is under the auspices of Icarus: International Centre for Archival Research, will take place at the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa organized in cooperation with the Budapest City Archives (Hungary), the National Archives of Malta. It is also supported by the ENArC project and the Culture 2007-2013 Program of European Union.
Pamela Weisberger, President of Gesher Galicia will present a paper on: “Gesher Galicia’s Cadastral Map and Landowner Records Project: A Virtual Recreation of a Vanished Province.” The workshop will cover various aspects of cadastral mapping and current state of digitizing maps and archival research. Topics will include:
Icarus is a community of more than 120 archives and scientific institutions from 23 European countries plus Canada, rising to the various challenges of the digital era. More information at: http://icar-us.eu
- History and cartographic analysis of cadastral surveys and mapping
- Cadastral maps in archives: practices, projects, plans and visions
- Digitisation and online publication of large scale historical maps
- Geo-refernce and automatic interpretation of digitised historical maps
- Digitised maps and linking historical data relating to specific site