Gesher Galicia Joint Meeting with JGSNY
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Center for Jewish History (CJH) – New York City
15 West 16th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues
12:00 – 2:00 PM
Galician Town Groups Birds-of-a-Feather Meetings
You will be able to network and share information with others researching the same or nearby towns. If you plan to attend, please send your Galician towns of interest to Eden Joachim so she can arrange the BOF meetings. There is no charge for the BOF Meetings.
2:00 – 4:15 PM
- Gesher Galicia Update – Pamela Weisberger
- Tutorial on Allegro—Polish Online Auction Site – Shelley Pollero
- Short 1939 film – The Jews of Poland: Lwow
- JRI-Poland Update: Status of Galicia Projects in Polish & Ukrainian Archives – Mark Halpern
- Jewish Life in Galicia – Suzan Wynne
- Searching Polish & Galician Directories Using Optical Character Recogniton – Logan Joseph Kleinwaks
Post Script: Short Film Screening
Short film: I Remember Jewish Drohobycz – David Einsiedler
Introduced by Pamela Weisberger, Producer
This meeting is free of charge to JGSNY and Gesher Galicia members. Guest charge is $3.00.
The CJH Genealogy Institute on the third floor will be open from 12:30 to 2:00 for networking with other researchers and access to resource materials and computers.
Gesher Galicia memberships will be available at the meetings. Gesher Galicia souvenir tee-shirts and videos/DVDs will also be available.
Center for Jewish History: http://www.cjh.org
Directions to the CJH, maps, subway information: http://www.cjh.org/about/location.html
We hope to see you there!