Benefits of Membership in Gesher Galicia
- The Galitzianer, a subscription to our quarterly research journal about Galicia, with topics of interest to Jewish genealogical and historical researchers.
- Gesher Galicia Family Finder, to share your family surnames and towns and network with other current members.
- Members Portal. Current dues-paid members have exclusive access to the Members Portal (additional information is below).
- Gratz College online courses. 25% reduction in enrollment fees to active members of Gesher Galicia. View their educational offerings at gratz.edu/academics
- Members Only virtual meetings
The Members Portal includes:
- The Galitzianer journal, where past issues are searchable and available for download.
- Gesher Galicia Family Finder, where you can enter your Galician family surnames and towns.
- Archival records, whose images are made privately available to members of Gesher Galicia, along with spreadsheets of indexes containing information extracted from these records.
- Webinars and Videos, with exciting presentations, interviews and educational offerings of renowned and well-respected persons relating to Galicia, History and Genealogy.
- Gesher Galicia Library, where you can read excerpts (or entire books) and articles on a range of Galician subject matters.
The Archival Record sets in the Members Portal include:
- Holocaust-period records from Galician towns.
- Vital (Metrical) Records Project.
- Jewish Taxpayer records from the 1930s.
- Records from the Galician Medical Students and Doctors Project.
- Josephine and Franciscan Cadastral Surveys, conducted in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Przemyśl Identification Project. Gesher Galicia members are allowed to take part in this project, which seeks to identify a large number of Jewish index books from presently unknown towns.
Please visit the project overview page to learn more about these programs.
Please visit the Gesher Galicia help page for answers to frequently asked questions.