GESHER GALICIA MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL OFFER
For New & Returning Members (who last paid dues 2018 or earlier)
Special Membership Offer through November 30, 2019
SPECIAL OFFER FOR NEW AND RETURNING MEMBERS
- Join or renew now to receive 50% off the 2019 annual Gesher Galicia membership WHEN you also join/renew for 2020 at the same time.
- This offer applies only to new members and returning (renewal) members who last paid dues for membership year 2018 or before.
- Pay a total amount of $54 USD. ($18 USD for remainder of 2019 and $36 USD for all of 2020). Membership is good through December 31, 2020.
- This offer is available through November 30, 2019. All will receive 2019 and 2020 issues of the Galitzianer via email, but not print copies, a different membership level.
- Subscriptions for organizations, societies, libraries, or archives are limited to print issues of the Galitzianer and are not included in this offer. Free access is available to the All Galicia Database, the Map Room, and Archival Inventories.
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Supporting Jewish genealogy research for everyone
- Subscription to the Galitzianer journal – electronic copies
- Login/Password access to our Members Portal
- Gesher Galicia Family Finder searchable database
- The Galitzianer – searchable back issues
- Access to archival records (vital records, Jewish students, taxpayers, population censuses, Holocaust-related records and many others)
- Gesher Galicia electronic library
- Gratz College online courses – 25% reduction in enrollment fees to active members of Gesher Galicia. View their educational offerings at https://www.gratz.edu/academics
- Eligibility to take part in the Przemyśl Identification Project (for members of Gesher Galicia only)
The most important reason to renew or join, however, is to support Gesher Galicia’s work of digitizing precious archival records, adding cadastral maps to our extensive digital map room and adding records to the All Galicia Database (which now contains over 625,000 individual records) for the benefit of family researchers worldwide.
You can pay by credit card, PayPal or check. Along with membership, you can also donate to Gesher Galicia’s special projects (see below). Please follow the instructions carefully.
INDIVIDUAL ANNUAL MEMBERSHIPS
$36 USD for electronic delivery
$50 USD for printed copy
$65 USD for printed copy of the Galitzianer
For Jewish genealogical societies,
$50 USD for printed copy of the Galitzianer
$65 USD for printed copy of the Galitzianer
TO JOIN OR RENEW ONLINE with a credit card or PayPal, select a membership category below. Enter your first/last name, postal mailing address, phone number, and your preferred email address for receiving the Galitzianer, which is sent to all individual members. Then click “Add to Cart.”
You also have the opportunity here to donate to any of our projects or funds. To make a donation, fill in any amount next to the dollar sign ($) and click “Add to Cart.” Each time you add items to your cart, you will be taken to the PayPal page, but just click “Continue Shopping” to return to this page if you want to make additional donations.
You will be able to review your membership application and donations by clicking “View Cart” before finalizing. You won’t be sent to the payment page until you click “Check Out.”
PAYMENT BY CHECK, payable to Gesher Galicia, should be mailed to:
℅ Ben Tysch
407 N. McCadden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90004, USA
Membership Form: Download, print a copy to fill in your contact information, and include with your check.
Please include your email address and contact phone number in the memo area of your check.
For new members, when we receive your check, we will email you your unique GGID login along with instructions for creating your password, for using the Members Portal and for submitting your Galician surnames and towns to the online Gesher Galicia Family Finder.
Family Finder Information and Updates
The Gesher Galicia Family Finder allows people researching the same towns and family surnames to connect with one another and collaborate. For new members, our Welcome Letter will include your unique GGID with instructions for creating your password and submitting your information. If you are a renewing member with updated family or town information, you can log in and add them online here: https://www.geshergalicia.org/members/family-finder-submissions/.
START ONLINE MEMBERSHIP HERE
All fields are mandatory. Click the arrows for choices.
Please consider adding a donation. Contributions enable us to acquire, index, and upload records; to acquire and add maps; and to maintain our online inventories of Polish and Ukrainian archives.
Gesher Galicia is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible in the United States.
Vital Records Projects
To learn more about the Vital Records Projects, click here.
To learn more about the Holocaust Project, click here.
Josephine & Franciscan Cadastral Surveys Project
To learn more about the J&F Cadastral Surveys Project, click here.
Donations are now being accepted for the 2020 J&F Project town projects which include:
Baranów (Tarnobrzeg district), Bursztyn, Dubiecko, Dunajów, Jazłowiec, Narajów, Nowy Babilon, Nowy Sącz, Nowy Targ, and Tarnobrzeg.
Medical Students/Doctors Project
To learn more about the Galician Medical Students/Doctors Project, click here.
Donations are accepted for the Galician Medical Students/Doctors Project, which currently includes archival surveys and the indexing of academic records from Jagiellonian University (1919-1939).
General Research Fund
General Research Fund supports the acquisition of records, their indexing, and their uploading to the All Galicia Database; scanning and stitching maps, and their uploading to the Map Room; and the creation and updating of archival inventories on the Gesher Galicia website.
Pamela Weisberger Memorial Fund
The Pamela Weisberger Memorial Fund supports an annual Innovation Award and special projects and programs in memory of Gesher Galicia’s late president. For more information, click here.
Note: This section is for special purposes only, as discussed beforehand with Gesher Galicia. It is not to be used for donations to research projects, which can only be made through the donation sections above.
Give the gift of Galicia
To view our Gesher Galicia tee shirts, coasters, tote bags and books, click here.