Annual membership in Gesher Galicia is open to all. You can join online!
Benefits of Membership
- The Gesher Galicia Family Finder (The GGFF) lists the surnames and Galician towns being researched by each member. This tool allows family history researchers to connect with each other, and is available only to members of Gesher Galicia who are logged into our website with their username and password.
- Electronic and/or paper subscription to The Galitzianer, a quarterly journal focused on Galicia, covering topics of interest to Jewish family historians, and access to almost two decades of back issues online. Both members and non-members contribute articles and suggestions for articles on a variety of subjects on Galician history and society, travel experiences, photos, research results, advice on obtaining records, and stories from their own Galician family history. Town and regional research groups and town historians provide updates to each issue.
- GG Research Grants – Current members may apply for a research grant for their Galician record indexing and translation projects, including Yizkor book translations. A research grant proposal form may be downloaded to your computer, completed, and mailed to our Research Coordinator. Download our grant form in .DOC (Word) format or Adobe .PDF format. The results of all projects funded by Gesher Galicia research grants must be made publicly available; for example, they must be uploaded to our All Galicia Database or published in The Galitzianer.
- GG Member Web Sites – We will provide a link to family web sites of current GG members. Contact us.
- GG Members Only Mailing List – We will occasionally inform current GG members via e-mail about upcoming events, meetings, conferences, and items of particular interest to GG members. This is separate from and not intended to replace the GG Online Discussion Group on JewishGen.
E-Mail Discussion Group
- Our free e-mail discussion group is sponsored by Gesher Galicia and hosted by JewishGen
- Facilitates networking among Jewish genealogy researchers with a common interest in Galicia
- Provides a forum for the dissemination of information about research, methods, records, Yizkor books, etc. about Galicia.
- Open to all, membership in Gesher Galicia, Inc. is not required to subscribe and participate in the discussion group.
- Subscribers must be registered (free) on JewishGen.
- Subscribers are responsible for managing their own subscription, including changing email addresses and unsubscribing.
- Read our Discussion Group FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- To subscribe, click here, scroll down almost to the end, and click on Discussion Group Mailing Lists. Follow instructions, then choose Gesher Galicia SIG.