Log in now to:
- search the digital Gesher Galicia Family Finder with listings of researchers' surnames and towns
- view scanned and digitally photographed original records, not available on microfilm or other websites
- read full articles from "The Galitzianer", not just excerpts
- access the Gesher Galicia Research Guide
Upcoming Programs (click title for info)
- July 27th - August 1st: Salt Lake City: IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy
- Sunday, October 26th: London, England: The Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain 21st Annual London Conference: "Exploring the Archives: Unique & Unusual Resources in Galician & Polish Research"
Our online database with over 200,000 records, covering more than 600,000 people! Updated at least four times a year.
Browse our high-quality zoomable 18th and 19th century maps from Galician towns, from small shtetls to big cities.
Read articles about Galicia from our quarterly journal, published since 1993. Browse by subject or by year.
Check out our list of the 1,700 records we've inventoried in libraries and archives from Ukraine, Poland, and Austria.
Browse a listing of Galician towns and cities, with maps and historical information, and connect with other interested researchers.
View video presentations from conferences and programs
Check out Gesher Galicia's current and past projects, from Lviv house photography to DNA studies.
New Book: A Guide to Jewish Genealogy – Kraków
Gesher Galicia has co-published its first book in association with British researcher Geoffrey Weisgard. This useful, easily readable guide to Kraków provides a short history of Jewish settlements in the town and in Kazimierz, and explores research opportunities in Kraków, providing detailed suggestions on how to add more names to your Galician family tree. learn more & buy online →
From the Archives of The Galitzianer
Questions about Galicia? We've Got Answers!
Sign up for our free e-mail discussion group and connect with hundreds of other people researching their roots in Galicia.